For a move to be successful and trouble-free, it has to be planned right down to the last detail. With our experienced, courteous and friendly staff, A1 On The Move will ensure that your move goes through like a dream, from start to finish. With one of the highest customer service levels in East Sussex, and a prestigious 5 star customer review rating we are on-hand to make every step of your move as stress-free as possible.
We offer a range of great value domestic and commercial removal services to and from Eastbourne, Hailsham, Lewes, Brighton, Bexhill, Hastings, and around the UK or overseas. We would be delighted to discuss your particular requirements with you, so to find out more please fill in our online contact form, our removal quotation form, or call us on 01323 508000.
As removal specialists, we know that moving can seem like a daunting task. To help you though this process, we have provided top removal tips below, to help your removal go as smoothly as possible. If you have any questions though, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Top removal tips to help your move go as smoothly as possible
Up to one month ahead of the removal
- Arrange and confirm your removal date as far in advance as possible.
- Prepare a list of fixtures you are leaving.
Up to three weeks ahead of the removal
- Sort out the contents of your garage.
- Organise suitable transport for your pets.
Up to two weeks ahead of the removal
- Dismantle self-assembly furniture, unless we have agreed to do this for you.
- Arrange for professional disconnection of kitchen appliances, including the washing machine to ensure securing of the drum.
- Arrange to have the gas, electricity, telephone and water meters read.
- Start running down freezers. Manufacturers and the Trade Association advise against moving freezers in a full or frozen state. If, however, you require that yours be moved with food inside, wrap contents in newspapers, boxes or trays to facilitate handling. Please note freezers in this condition will be moved at your own risk.
- Clear the loft unless we have agreed to do so.
- Dismantle sheds, greenhouses etc., unless we have agreed to do this for you.
- Drain fuel from lawnmowers/motor cycles.
- Remove any fixtures you are taking.
- If appropriate, make arrangements for children to be looked after.
- Fabrics that you are placing into store should be given anti-moth treatment.
- If you are moving in or out of a block of flats, arrange to have use of the manual override key or priority use of the lift.
The day before the removal
- Have TV aerials or satellite dishes taken down if they are part of the move.
- Disconnect any light fittings you are taking
- Seal packets and tighten jars of food.
- Defrost refrigerator and deep freeze. If you do not intend to empty the freezer, please read our earlier advice.
- Prepare plants for transit.
- Chest of drawers may be left full depending on the make of the furniture
- Set aside an area marked 'Do Not Move' for coats, handbags, kettle, snacks, tools and cleaning materials.
- Arrange separate transportation for any dangerous substances.
On the day of the removal
- Lock your valuables somewhere safe and carry them personally to your new home.
- If your possessions are being stored, remember to retain important items - passport, driving licence, etc. Do not put perishable or flammable items in storage.
- Before the removal van departs, check nothing has been forgotten. Responsibility is yours to see nothing is moved in error.
- Ensure that our crew has directions to your new property and a phone number to contact you. Agree a time of arrival.
- Arrive at your new property, with the keys, before the removal van.
- Label all rooms and direct the crew to position furniture and effects.